Access to Justice Hub
The Durham Access to Justice Hub® (the Hub) operates within the Durham Community Legal Clinic (DCLC) through partnerships with several agencies and organizations in Durham Region. The Hub provides a one-stop shop for legal assistance (through DCLC), as well as supports for residents of Durham Region living on a low income or precariously employed.
The Hub provides expanded legal services, through a partnership with Durham College, often beyond the offerings of the clinic, which can include the following areas:
- Small Claims (Documents, Letters, Legal Advice, Garnishments, Enforcements)
- Consumer Protection (Debt, Energy Contracts, Cell Phone Contracts, Utility Contracts, Demand Letters)
- Provincial Offences Court (Traffic Tickets, Bylaws, COVID-19 Tickets)
- Employment Law
These legal services may be provided to clients who do not qualify financially under the Legal Aid Ontario guidelines.
Call 905-728-7321 or toll-free: 1-888-297-2202
Community service organizations also rotate their time at the Hub to provide free wrap-around service delivery for residents with complex issues that often come along with legal issues.
Residents of Durham can come into the Hub for:
- Free tax filing year-round
- Housing support
- Employment and training support
- Newcomer services
- Support in getting or paying child support
- Support for people living with a brain injury
- Obtaining government ID
- Parenting programs
- Record suspensions
- Anger management
A full schedule of when each service is directly available at the Hub can be found here.