Access to Justice Hub
The Durham Access to Justice Hub™ (the Hub) operates within the Durham Community Legal Clinic (DCLC) through partnerships with several agencies and organizations in Durham Region.
The Hub provides a one-stop shop for legal assistance (through DCLC), as well as supports for residents of Durham Region living on a low income or precariously employed. Community service organizations rotate their time at the Hub to provide free wrap-around service delivery for residents with complex issues that often come along with legal issues.
Residents of Durham can come into the Hub for:
- Free tax filing year-round
- Housing support
- Employment and training support
- Newcomer services
- Support in getting or paying child support
- Support for people living with a brain injury
- Obtaining government ID
- Parenting programs
- Record suspensions
- Anger management
A full schedule of when each service is directly available at the Hub can be found here.
The Hub also provides expanded legal services, often beyond the offerings of the clinic, which can include the following areas:
- Small Claims (Documents, Letters, Legal Advice, Garnishments)
- Consumer Protection (Debt, Energy Contracts, Cell Phone Contracts, Utility Contracts, Shoplifting Demand Letters)
- Provincial Offences Court (Traffic Tickets)
- Employment Law
- And more…
These legal services may be provided to clients who do not qualify financially under the Legal Aid Ontario guidelines.
Call 905-728-7321 or toll-free: 1-888-297-2202