We provide summary advice and representation for human rights, including before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, for all of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code:
- Ancestry, colour, race
- Ethnic origin
- Place of origin
- Family status
- Marital status (including single status)
- Gender identity, gender expression
- Receipt of public assistance (in housing only)
- Record of offences (in employment only)
- Sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding)
- Sexual orientation.
The protected social areas under the Code include:
- Accommodation (housing)
- Goods, services and facilities
- Membership in unions, trade or professional associations.
For help with human rights issues, you can also contact the Human Rights Legal Support Centre at 1-866-625-5179.
The Steps to Justice website offers step-by-step information about human rights and other common legal problems.